Finding just the right home can be quite an exciting adventure, especially when you are aware of the basics ahead of time. Whether you are buying a house in Whitby, Brooklin, Oshawa or anywhere in the Durham Region area, these Easy Steps will start you on the right path to your new home sweet home!
1) Get a mortgage pre-approval
Before purchasing a home we have to make sure a Bank will loan you the money.
- A Pre-approval can give you a leg up during the offer process, especially when multiple buyers are competing for the house. When you've been pre-approved by a mortgage lender, it's the next best thing to having the money in hand.
- I can connect you with mortgage specialists who service Durham Region to make sure you are taken care of.
- Through this process, a lender will review your finances in great detail (deposit amount, downpayment, monthly payments, etc.) and will pre-approve you for a certain amount.
2) We go shopping
Shopping will help us to narrow down your wish list as best as we can.
- Simply let me know the "criteria" of your Durham Region dream home and I will send you back several listings, then off we go to view the properties you desire.
3) We found it...your perfect home!
We put in an offer, along with your deposit cheque (usually $5,000 to $10,000) to hold the property.
- The offer has the date in which we want to close (move-in) and any conditions (i.e. conditional on Financing approval and satisfactory Inspection)
- Once the offer is accepted, your new home is "Sold Conditionally"
- We book a Home Inspection and contact your Lender to move forward on your mortgage.
- Once all Conditions are met, we give the accepted offer to your Lawyer for the "final touches"
*Remember to put aside approximately 1.5% of the purchase price of the home for closing costs: legal fees, land transfer costs, home insurance, adjustments, moving expenses, etc.
Buying a home is probably the most important investment that you will make in your lifetime, as your Durham Region Realtor, I'm happy to help you through each step as we find your next home together. To get started, contact me today.